Twitter chats are a great way to connect with other bloggers or small business owners, to learn something new and to find some great new resources. Here’s how they work and how to participate.
- Check out the Twitter Chat Calendar for a chat you’d be interested in.
- Open Twitter and search for the relevant hashtag at the specified time.
- Click “All Tweets” to see a collection of tweets with that hashtag.
- Join in the conversation by including the hashtag in your tweets.
- Most chats have topics and a host will move the topic along.
- Usually there will be questions marked Q1, Q2, Q3, you can include A1, A2, A3 etc in your tweet to answer them.
- Most chats end with a link share so you can promote your blog or website.
It can be hard to keep with the the volume of tweets if taking part is a really popular chat, use on the following tools to manage the chat more effectively – tweetchat.com, twitterfall.com, tweetgrid.com or twubs.com.