Skimlinks is a program to help you monetise your blog. Once set up it automatically find retailer links on our blog and turns them into affiliate links when a reader clicks on them. The benefit of this is that you don’t have to spend timing adding affiliate links and managing multiple programs. You can read more information about how it all works here. A couple of people have asked me how to set it up over the passed few weeks so here’s a guide to help if you decide it’s something you want to add to your blog.
- Head on over to Skimlinks and sign up.
- You’ll receive an verification email with a link to confirm your account.
- After a couple of days, you’ll receive another email informing you if you’ve been approved. Click the link to finishing setting up your account and choose a password.
- You’ll then be brought to the installation page. Copy the provided code which will look something like the following but with your unique id
- For Blogger Users, go to Template > Edit HTML and find
</body>. If you’re having trouble finding it, search
/bodyor check out this post for help. Typically
</body>is right above
</html>but on Blogger
</body>is a couple of hundred lines above
</html>above the widget code for your gadgets.
- For WordPress.org users, Skimlinks have a plugin here or you can manually add the code in your footer template.
- Add the following code to a gadget, widget or blog post to test the code. Clicking on the link should bring you a success page, if not double check that your code above has been placed in the right place.
<a href="http://test.skimlinks.com">Skimlinks Test</a>
- You can then head back to Skimlinks > Setup > Settings to change your Skimlinks and Skimwords options. You won’t see data for up to 24 hours so be patient.