This post will explain the steps for changing your blog address/URL on Blogger from a custom domain (myolddomain.com) to a difference custom domain (mynewdomain.com).
- Read the first part of this post on how to smoothly change your URL or blog name, which will explain the overall steps and things to prepare before changing your URL.
- Remove your current custom domain from Blogger > Settings > Basic > Publishing. Install your new custom domain following these instructions.
- Login to your original domain provider (myolddomain.com) and create a 301 redirect going from your old URL (myolddomain.com) to your new URL (mynewdomain.com)
- Setup a new property on Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- On Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools, submit a new sitemap for your new domain.
- On Google Search Console, inform Google of the domain change using these instructions.
- You should also change your RSS feed, social links and anywhere else you list your domain. However, the redirect will look after forward people onto your new URL.
The majority of these steps can take up to 72 hours to update across the web, but will usually work within the first couple of hours. By setting up a redirect, submitting a sitemap and informing Google of your changed domain, you’ll help your site get re-indexed so you don’t lose the built-up SEO juice or domain authority.
- Smoothly change your domain without losing followers
- Change from Blogger subdomain to another subdomain (keeping .blogspot.com)
- Change from Blogger subdomain to a custom domain (removing .blogspot.com)