- To learn and to teach – I want to share everything I know so that my readers can benefit from my experience, but also create a space where my audience can share too. So that we can all grow our online spaces together.
- To create – My favourite thing to do is create content, and I’m dedicated to doing that in one way or another everyday. I want to continue sharing free content that helps others.
- To empower – I want to empower others, especially womxn, in this industry to build their own space and tackle the tech-side of running a blog or business.
- To connect – To build an anti-racist, diverse and inclusive community of people who are kind and generous with their knowledge, time and resources. While ensuring that I am creating safe spaces for everybody who is part of my community.
I am dedicated to supporting Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIA+, anti-bullying and domestic violence (resources for these coming soon). If you don’t share my values, then my platforms may not be the space for you.
Donate and Support
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- The Minnesota Freedom Fund
- UK Black Pride
- Black Minds Matter
- Other places to donate are listed here.
- If you can, support places like gal-dem, Nova Reid and Loveland Foundation that provide resources and teachings
- 60 relevant UK charities and organisations to support and donate to
- Suspend UK export of tear gas, rubber bullets and riot shields to USA
- Save the Tears: White Woman’s Guide
- 100 Ways White People Can Make Life Less Frustrating For People of Color
- Ways to help
- Thread of black documentaries that assist in understanding racism, prejudice and police brutality
- Anti-Racism Books to Read
- Thread for bloggers & influencers
- Antiracist Resources for Small Businesses to Further Racial Justice
- 45 Black YA Novels
- The story of UK Black Pride
- Juneteenth celebrates the ending of slavery in the United States. On June 19th, 1865, soldiers led by Major General Gordon Granger landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Read more about it on the Juneteenth website.
- Uncomfortable Conversations With A Black Man with Emmanuel Acho
- 13th (Netflix)
- American Son (Netflix)
- Seven Seconds (Netflix)
- Dear White People (Netflix)
- When They See Us (Netflix)
- Time: The Kalief Browder Story (Netflix)
- The Good Fight (Amazon Prime)
- A Time to Kill (Amazon Prime)
- Netflix adds a Black Lives Matter category
- Dear White People (and a list of resources)
- Racism & Supporting the Black Community
- Check your privilege edition
- Dear White Influencers
- Keeping up anti-racist momentum after the news cycle
- To read, to follow, to watch, to listen, to donate and to do
- How to help within the UK
- White people, we have work to do
- A guide to white privilege
- 8 lessons about racism that were helpful to me as a white person
- Change happens offline too
- Black-owned beauty brands and makeup, skincare, hair and fashion brands
- 39 Black Creators to follow for inspiring fashion, beauty and lifestyle content
- Black female entrepreneurs and businesses and more black creators and business owners
- Tinuke has put together a directory of 250+ UK Black Influencers (and you can pay Tinuke for her time using Paypal.Me/tinukeB)
- Blogosphere directory submission for Black UK Creators